Farms, Farming and Food
1:24 am farming
This is a new blog dedicated to food and agriculture. As the blog is based in Fredericton, New Brunswick the blog will cover some local and regional issues and stories. The Food, Food, Food blog will also examine agriculture and food related issues across Canada and around the world.
Some of the issue that I intend to cover include :
- Trends in agriculture including the rise of the ethanol and biofuels industry and its impact on farmers
- Trends in food retailing practices and their impacts on farmers and family farms
- Consumer movements such as the eating local movement and changes in nutrition fads
- International food activities including the rise of the Chinese food processing and exporting market, the recent changes to the Asian diet and the discrepancies in farm subsidies amongst various countries
- Industry profiles such as the dairy industry in New Brunswick or the cranberry industry across Canada
- Company profiles and their impact on the agriculture and food industries
I hope that I can provide valuable information and generate some interesting discussions and ideas and if you have any suggestions for discussion or topics to post, please feel free to contact me or post a comment on the blog.